Hi there! My name is Gabi. I am a 22 year old MLIS grad student at UW. I am passionate about community, libraries, and reading! I can’t wait to one day work as a youth services librarian. Until then, I am the Events and Communication Student Specialist for the UW Research Commons and a Community Assistant for grad student housing. In my free time, I do freelance design work. This blog is my passion project.
Although I grew up in the bay area, I currently live in Seattle, Washington, and I absolutely adore the PNW.
I studied history and education at the University of Washington, and graduated with my BA in March. I am currently working towards my Masters in Library and Information Science at UW! My goal is to eventually become a children’s/young adult librarian.
My favorite genre is definitely YA, but sometimes I branch out to general fiction, fantasy, or middle grade. Within YA, I love contemporary romance and realistic fiction and fantasy the most.
There is almost nothing I love more than books, harry potter, flowers, design, history, Hamilton, and coffee.
- over 1000 twitter subscribers
- over 1200 monthly page views on my blog
- over 600 monthly visitors on my blog
- over 90 blog/email subscribers
- over 300 instagram subscribers
- reviewer for Netgalley: 83% feedback rate
Some of my favorite books:
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Harry Potter because, duh.
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertali
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zenter
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia